What do we mean by A • sy • lum?Well, the dictionary gives several meanings (from thefreedictionary.com/asylum, emphasis added): n.
- (esp. formerly) an institution for the maintenance and care of the mentally ill, orphans, or other persons requiring specialized assistance
- an inviolable refuge, as formerly for criminals and debtors; sanctuary
- protection or shelter granted by a country or embassy ... political asylum
- any secure retreat
Are you crazy enough?
That's a question I ask a lot, of myself and others. It flows from one of my favorite quotes, from Steve Jobs:
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes ... because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."Now, changing the world or making "a dent in the universe" are worthy goals, but this notion of being crazy enough to believe you can do something applies much more broadly.
Wanna get crazy?Just crazy enough to believe you can:
- finish your book and inspire thousands of new readers with your message
- go from school or an unfulfilling job to find your life purpose and restart
- start your own business and deliver high value products and services
- develop your "signature speech" topic and energize keynote audiences
- move to your dream home, across town or across the country